Don’t you feel that the days go by so quickly? I mean…ever since I turned 21 many years ago, the time seems to whiz by so fast. When people ask me how old am I, it will take me a few minutes to find the answer. YIKES.
Now that we are reaching a year’s mark to our wedding, the GTB and I are at our lull period for the past 2 months since we have settled major vendors.
- Bridal -> Nawwarah Bridal
- Photography -> The Fotorika
- Musicians/Entertainment -> Orkes Mutiara
- Reception & catering (GTB’s side) -> Gurame Indonesian Restaurant
- Decor -> not using Gurame’s in-house dias as the GTB will build his own 🙂
- Bunga rampai holders -> DIY
My bunga rampai holders are a courtesy from my Twin when she went to Bangkok 2 years ago. It will be in a form of small bucket.
The GTB’s bunga rampai holders were our first DIY project which we started in February (more deeds about this soon). It is in a form of a burlap bag!
- Berkats (door gifts) for both sides
- Wedding cake(s) for both sides
- Catering (my side)
- Decor (my side)
- Bridal bouquet (quick entry on this one soon)
- Henna (quick entry on this one soon)
- Hantaran/gubahan trays (wedding gift trays)
- We are most likely to DIY this as well.
- I’m happy that both the GTB and I are lovers of DIY. Not only it helps us to save cost but also gives us 100% creative control.
- The only cons that I can think of is – storage area for the wedding trays post wedding. We probably should sell/rent it, eh? 😉
- Wedding cards and other misc. designs
- I’m making the GTB design my wedding card as well since he is the master of photoshop. I’m a complete noob at designing.
- I did a quick research on this as well. It is actually much cheaper to print the stickers/cards/signboard yourself. But if you are hiring a vendor to do this, you are paying for their creativity and logistics to get it printed.
I will probably add more to the timeline but hopefully I am not missing any vendors.
Slightly freaking out as we are nearing the 1 year mark!